Firearms maintenance is a serious business especially if you want to really get the most out of your barrel and ammunition combination. This news bulletin post is the second in a series where we have asked ELEY shooters their top tips for keeping their firearms maintained for competitions. German shooter Henri Junghaenel gives us his tips on firearms maintenance: Henri: I don’t have any special procedures before a competition to make sure that everything is in perfect working order. Instead everything should be set up in advance so that there isn’t anything out of place. My tips include:
- Have a good solid gun case.
- Sensitive items such as sights should be in an extra case.
- The muzzle should be protected from scratches.
- Clean your firearm after every training session and competition.
- Be careful with your gun and tighten all the screws.