ELEY HS All-American Basic Criteria and Selection
ELEY will be the sole sponsor for the USA High School (HS) All-American program. The top ten averages in Smallbore Rifle and the top ten averages in International Air Rifle will be recognized as a HS All-American. The scores that will be used will be certain USA Shooting sanctioned matches and some CMP sanctioned air rifle matches. This list of matches will be published each year as some matches will change, this list is also subject to change throughout the year if matches are added to the calendar. You will need to fire a certain amount of matches out of the list to be eligible for HS All-American. An average will be calculated from the scores you submit, this will be a per shot average. Each HS All-American will receive a number coin and certificate of achievement. The top average in each event will receive an ELEY Tenex test at the Winters, TX test facility along with 2500 rounds of selected Tenex.
the basic criteria to be eligible for HS All-American includes:
- The shooter must be an American Citizen.
- The shooter must be a full-time high school student in the grades 9-12.
- The student must hold a cumulative 3.0 GPA between grades 9-12.
- The student must be taking courses that would grant them NCAA eligibility through the NCAA Clearinghouse.
- The shooter must fire at least the minimum amount of national matches (3 scores in each event) published for the eligibility year (this number could vary depending on the number of USA Shooting and CMP matches available throughout the year) and 2 sanctioned USA Shooting 50 foot local matches, which must be shot on the USA/NRA 50 International Smallbore Rifle Target.
- The proper paperwork and signatures must be submitted by the submission date for the eligibility year.
- The HS shooter may only be an All-American in any given discipline for a maximum of four years.
2016-2017 list of matches (will be updated as matches change):
- Dixie Double (Nov 4-6, 2016) Air Only (2 matches)
- Winter Airgun (Dec 2-4, 2016) Air Only (3 matches)
- Junior Olympic State Qualifier (Dec 2016/Jan 2017) Air and SB (1 match each)
- Rifle Selection (Jan 2017) Smallbore Only (2 matches, if available)
- Camp Perry Open (Jan 13-15, 2017) Air Only (2 matches)
- IWK Hochbrueck 2017 in Munich (Jan 2017) Air Only (2 matches)
- Rocky Mountain Championships (Feb 6-12, 2017) Air and SB (2 matches each)
- National Junior Olympics (April 7-25, 2017) Air and SB (2 matches each)
- USA Shooting Nationals (June 25-July 2, 2017) Air and SB (2 matches each)
- All ISSF World Cup competition only (MQS and Elimination rounds will not count) that lie before May 31, 2017
submission of forms
A parent, coach or teacher may nominate a high school shooter to the HS All-American. The shooter themselves cannot be the one to sign the forms, however they can help fill them out.
The ELEY HS All-American Score Reporting form is the only form that must be completed, signed and turned into Jamie Corkish. This form can be filled out online, printed and mailed or printed and scanned. All mailed forms should be mailed to:
- ELEY Americas
- 6 Sunset Plaza, Suite E
- Kalispell, MT 59901
Alternativeley, click here to upload the score report form. A thank you meassage will display upon uploading said form. If you do not receive an email confirmation of receipt please contact Jamie Corkish or phone (406) 212-7824.
The last match of each eligibility year will be USA Shooting Nationals. The HS All-American will also be presented at the USA Shooting Nationals Match for the current year. All forms must be completed, signed and received by May 31, 2017. If you will be shooting USA Shooting Nationals your Nationals scores will be recorded by Jamie Corkish at Nationals to be calculated into your average. Please do not leave any fields blank. If additional space is needed please use an additional form. All scores fired in any of these matches MUST be recorded.
committee and contact info
If there should be any discrepancies in this process there is a committee made up of ELEY and USA Shooting Employees that will make all final decisions. Your scores will be double checked through the final match results of all matches fired.
This program has been approved by the NCAA for eligibility reasons under the Division 1 rule number 184.108.40.206. Division 2 has no rule for a program like this as long as a student-athlete does not have an agent or sign a professional contract they are eligible to compete at an NCAA level. You can find the NCAA Division 1 manual at ncaapublications.com. The customer service contact number for the NCAA in the case there are any eligibility questions is (317) 917-6008.
2015-2016 ELEY HS All-American team
Jacob Buchanan (Air Rifle, Smallbore)
Emily Cock (Air Rifle)
Elizabeth Dutton (Smallbore)
Daniel Enger (Air Rifle)
Ian Foos (Air Rifle)
Ariel Hall (Air Rifle, Smallbore)
Angeline Henry (Air Rifle, Smallbore)
Sarah Hickey (Air Rifle)
Jarrett Lash (Smallbore)
Catherine Miller (Air Rifle, Smallbore)
Zachary Schmidt (Smallbore)
William Shaner (Air Rifle, Smallbore)
Hailee Sigmon (Air Rifle)